“Kruti” is a collective impact umbrella created by integrating the livelihood efforts of an NGO Nyaya Sahayak Samiti (www.nsskoraput.org) and marketing efforts of Deomali Rural Hospitality and Marketing Pvt Ltd (DRHM)
“Kruti” means creativity and all our initiatives under our design venture "Kruti By Maahuaa" are planned to stretch our creativity to the widest extent in order to bring financial viability and a big smile among numerous rural producers we are supporting through our various initiatives and bring a sense of belonging, satisfaction, and responsibility among the urban consumers. Once “Kruti” is followed by a group or a society and also passed on from generation to generation, it becomes “Sanskruti”. Ours is an endeavor towards preserving this “Sanskruti” through our brand “Kruti By Maahuaa”.
Through the Kruti BY Maahuaa initiative, DRHM is empowering numerous self-help groups of women and men engaged in Art & Craft and Handloom across Six Indian States (Odisha, West Bengal, Bihar, Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Chattisgarh)
Our intent is to minimize financial non-viability among producers and preserve and showcase the beauty of rural India among Indians who have somehow lost the train that runs through the real India “RURAL INDIA”.
The ultimate aim is to bring livelihood security in an inclusive manner by eliminating middlemen and maintaining principles of “Fair Trade” in the entire value chain.
Maahuaa Roy is a Fashion graduate with specialization in Clothing Production Technology (CPT) from NIFT - Kolkata. She started her career as Fashion Designer in an Export House.
Maahuaa, not only wanted to showcase the rich Indian culture to the Globe, she also wanted to uplift rural mass with magical talents in art and craft. Its this vision of her that created natural alignment with KRUTI to foster a creative culture, encouraging people of all backgrounds, ages and skill levels to explore, participate and experiment with the visual arts.
Maahuaa provides training to the rural artisans by conducting workshops from time to time thus increasing economic opportunities for them.
Maahuaa also understands the importance of conserving environmental resources and shares those ideals with her work force. Her design philosophy is to make clothing and accessories with minimal environmental impact and maximum social impact.
Krutishoppe.com is the online shopping portal of Deomali Rural Hospitality and Marketing Pvt Ltd (DRHM) ) which is an initiative by a group of like-minded professionals who wish to provide a platform that works as a bridge between rural India and its producers on one side and the urban consumers on the other side.
Every purchase that you make at Krutishoppe.com brings in a big smile on the face of someone extremely talented in these known and unknown territories of India.
Kruti By Maahuaa Specialises In:
- Designer Hand-painted Sarees (Pattachitra, Saura and Madhubani) with design inputs from Ms. Maahuaa Roy
- Designer Handloom Kurtis (Kotpad, Dongria, Ikat, Batik and Kantha) with design inputs from Ms. Maahuaa Roy
- Designer Handloom and Handpainted Western Shoes and Jutis with design inputs from Ms. Maahuaa Roy
- Handloom Sarees weaved by rural and tribal weavers (Sambalpuri Silk and Cotton Sarees, Dongria Kondh Tribal Pattern Cotton and Silk Sarees, Kotpad Organic Cotton and Silk Sarees) with design inputs from Ms. Maahuaa Roy
- Handloom Stoles, Dupatta and Shawls by rural and tribal weavers (Kotpad, Dongria, Ikat) with design inputs from Ms. Maahuaa Roy
- Designer Batik and Kantha Saree, Dupatta and Stole from West Bengal
- Dokra Tribal Metal Craft from Odisha and Chattisgarh
- Pattachitra Paintings and Saura Tribal Paintings from Odisha
- Madhubani Paintings from Bihar
- Miniature Paintings from Rajasthan
- Warli Tribal Paintings from Maharashtra